Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Spring Mill State Park - Details

Iron half-moon arches completed arched doorways of the mill itself.


One of the original mill stones.


Oil lamps aged with soot sit within deep window recesses.


Looking through a doorway.


Closeup of Indiana limestone.


The blacksmith made sparks for me.


Sense of place


Ye Old Meeting House

Perhaps this setting would better inspire the current leaders of our country.
No air conditioning...
No comfy chairs...
Close quarters...
Just our leaders and their ideas, sharing and compromising for the good of the people.

I m a g i n e

3 comments:

sunflowerkat said...

Southern Indiana!! Home sweet home! I can't tell you how much I love these!

Gaelyn said...

Love these detail shots, and the blacksmith. I remember limestone buildings in rural northern IL.

Hilda R.B said...

Lovely post. I like the story you tell through the photos. Beautiful images.
From Hilda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails