Monday, March 19, 2012

Fog on the Beach


We sat on the beach,
Baylee on a leash,
to watch the fog roll in.

Roiling from the north
covering houses like smoke,
curling and smothering sound.

Muted waves crashed.
tide coming in, inching closer
to our toes wave by wave

Gulls stand with sandpipers,
standing on one leg
all in a line, watching


Sun glowed through,
a soft light bathed,
eerily creating fog shadows

Storm-grey blue and green,
bright white foam,
Tan sand and green grass

I touch my hair; it is dripping.
moist dots on Baylee's fur
like sequins.


 Wet thick fog envelopes.
wispy tendrils float
inland over the dunes.

Collecting shells, the sand flies
when we shake the towel
and head for home.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I really love the softness, and especially the second photo. I can almost hear those waves.

Cheers!
Julie
Julie Magers Soulen Photography

Gaelyn said...

I feel your calm.

trav4adventures said...

Oh, gosh...fog! It's been so long since we've been in fog! I miss it.

Eve said...

The beach will be a new adventure each and every day! Love the poem Debi!

bunnits said...

Lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails