Thursday, June 24, 2010

Beach Textures

Crushed shells

Most people look up while strolling the beaches, observing the ocean waves and all manner of beach goers, taking in the sights. A few of us odd ducks are stooped over, baggie in one hand and camera in the other, looking for treasures such as...

Rocks and water...

The sand man...


Water painting with shell and bubbles...

A crab's front door...


Ripples left in the sand overnight by roiling tides...

Sand paintings...


Footprints in the sunrise...

Iconic vacation symbolism...

A wave of foam...


Clam shell and seaweed...


Sand waves...


Pretty foam...

Patterns left by gentle currents...

Our two coffee cups ...

Visual treasures, all.

9 comments:

Gaelyn said...

I'm usually bumping my head because I look down instead of up. Feels like I was walking the beach with you. Great finds.

Anonymous said...

Spectacular photos -- you have a wonderful way of seeing the world. And I adore your choice in music...I always stay a while to hear part of your latest playlist and hate to leave. :)

Blessing Counter said...

So enjoy seeing the beach through your eyes! Loved them all, as usual!

Jenny said...

You said it! Visual treasures. I particularly like the first sand ripples photo, the light is gorgeous. Mr Sand Man doesn't look a happy bunny! Also love the footprints in the sand ones. Lovely, thanks Debi

Jenny said...

PS: I'm an odd duck too on a beach! -:

Bo Mackison said...

Hey, were you posting MY photographs? Ha Ha!

Well, you sure are not alone when it comes to looking at all the treasures to photograph in the nooks and crannies on a beach!

Love these so much. Great perspective!

Eve said...

Yes Debi! I love the beach and you've captured it perfectly!

Kathleen Coy said...

Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog, I appreciate it.
Your photography is stunning!
Best wishes to you,
Kathleen

Shelley said...

Love this one (love them all) but this one touches home. We spend a lot of time on the beach exploring for glass. I even found a bird's skull on our last visit. Beautiful photos each one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails