Wednesday, February 9, 2011
My thanks to Cheryl Ann at Deep Canyon for giving me an award! It's a humbling experience, receiving an award from a fellow blogger. Cheryl Ann's blog brings me such pleasure. Immersing myself in the beautiful blue skies and landscape of the southwest feeds that part of my soul that loves deserts and huge, craggy mountains, cactus and that richly textured quilt of land that blankets the earth as far as the eye can see.
According to the rules I'm supposed to share seven things about me. Whew. Oky doky. Hate to bore you all but rules are rules...
1) I'm in the middle of a personal journey to reinvent myself. At my age it's a little intimidating and I've not chosen a direction. Lots of journaling, beginning meditation, starting Yoga, etc. The teenager left for college, the husband is healing and something inside me has changed so it's time. It's time for ME.
2) New music cannot come into my world fast enough. I'm not particularly nostalgic so by the time I've worn out a CD or a musician then it's time to move on. More, more, more, more, more....
3) My mother is my very best friend. I treasure each and every moment with her.
4) Horses are a passion, but I'm deeply afraid of them. They are the most beautiful animal, to me, on earth.
5) Ten years in ballet straightened my spine but I was never good enough for toe.
6) Besides music traveling is my drug. Road trips, day trips, getting lost and finding my way back home, anything fresh, new. Experiencing new foods, cultures, smells, sights - even just down the road.
7) The lake house has official sold. We close the 17th. The Giraffe Head Tree will no longer be mine. Should I rename my blog?
Hope I didn't bore you too badly!
More rules - now I'm supposed to share with 5 people but I'm going to break that rule and share with only one because I've been in a blogging funk and just haven't been getting around much except to the few people who have already gotten this award! Except for one...
SO, I'm sharing Cheryl Ann's lovely award with my friend Eve at Sunny Side Up. Eve keeps me positive with her sunny disposition, her laughing nature, her love for all things outdoors and her amazing ability to ID birds! She rides a Harley Davidson motorcycle and I love her fierce independence and feisty ways. She's become a good friend since moving to Alabama. (Ya know, it's about time for a visit, Evis.)