Sunday, September 25, 2011

Gardening Gone Wild Picture This Photo Contest Entry

Small bumblebee pollinating the Autumn Sedum

Gardening Goes Wild hosts a monthly photo contest.  I've entered once before but our moving sorta took away my fun time blogging and entering contests.  However, I was inspired to enter their September Picture This Photo Contest with the above image.

Bees are all over my Autumn Sedum.  Bees of all kinds, as well as butterflies and skippers, weird flies and tiny bugs buzz in and around the pink flowers.  Kinda like Saturday at the Mall, there is activity everywhere, all day, every day.  I've had more fun chasing bumblebees and honeybees, all of which have been very patient with me.  Although I have some images that are more striking of the bees themselves, this one caught my eye because of the focus.  I used my Macro lens, F 2.8, 1/800 sec, ISO 400.  Can't wait to see all the entries! 

2 comments:

Gaelyn said...

Love it, and that your creative juices are flowing. Good luck in the contest.

Deborah Carr said...

Your bee looks like she has her arms (arms??) outstretched and head buried right in the blooms...like she's drunk on blossom wine. I love it. She looks so comfy. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails