Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Opportunity


"Life happens when you're busy making other plans."
My blog of late has become more a journal of thoughts and ponderings than initially envisioned. I'm thinking this shows that blogs are simply our lives personified in pixels and prose, ebbing and flowing and following along nicely thank you very much. It's no secret that I've envied those who can stay on track, on topic, while my "sacred space" seems to be so random. Obviously, my haphazard thoughts here have been mirroring the disquiet within my soul, hence my search for "self."
It's easy for a parent to recognize their child's upcoming growth spurt. Their little bodies seem to plateau, then "thicken" in preparation for bone and sinew to gain an inch or more in seemingly rapid fashion. My unrest and pondering here ad nauseum (my apologies) has been my own "thickening" in preparation for the next burst of growth. Thank you all for your patience.
The burst may be imminent. An opportunity has unexpectedly been laid at my feet for consideration. So far, it feels good and there's even a tickling of excitement deep within. I'll be off for a bit as I explore it in depth, wear it a bit and see if it "fits."
Sting says "Life rewards the risk takers." This opportunity may not be much of a "risk" as defined by Sting, but I just wanted to end with his words as he's my touchstone, my talisman. Time to set sail.

2 comments:

wcgillian said...

Sounds like an adventure. I should also say that there is nothing wrong with Random!
Good luck with this in which you speak.


RJ
Random Stone

Anonymous said...

I hope this works out for you. Good luck on your new adventure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails