Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sunrise October 2004


I'm in sort of a photographic, literary slump. Just not much to blog about. Well, that's not entirely true. There's tons going on but nothing that can be blogged about. You've all been there - especially if you have one or more teenagers in your home.

Since I've not been out taking many photos but feel compelled to keep this blog running and at least mildly interesting, I've decided to offer it up as a place of beauty and respite. Call up the photos and use them to focus while doing Yoga, if you like them save them as a screensaver (please ask me), or just simply enjoy them....or not.

Most of the sunrises and sunsets were taken when we first moved to the lake. At that time my husband had purchased our first digital camera. I was at that time a dedicated film snob and preferred my Canon EOS Elan II. However, I became fascinated with the digital process and especially enjoyed the instant gratification. No film to mess with, no waiting for development which could be such a disappointment. Shoot, download, voila! I fell in love with digital and promptly claimed the Sony Cybershot as my own. My trusty Canon EOS Elan II still sits at my side, but sadly is never used. Today, I use a Canon 20D with which I have a deep and true love affair.

The above shot was taken October 26, 2004 at 7:13am: F/4, 1/160 sec. ISO 100, 34mm focal length. That's another thing I love about digital - it collects all that data for me and it's always available.

For awhile I'll post some pretty pictures. Some will be old, some will be new. Simply enjoy them, breathe, and enjoy the rest of summer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep- I went digital in 1999- with a 1.3 megapixel camera- $999. I haven't used film since. :) I am also glad that the digital technology has gotten a tad bit cheaper. :)

wcgillian said...

Oh yeah! This is a very good shot.

RJ

Michaela said...

Woot! I love this one. The colours are phenomonal. I am impressed :)

Anonymous said...

That is a stunning scene! Beautiful photo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails