Saturday, September 26, 2009

Laid Back Squirrel

My Giraffe Head Tree entertains me to no end. During my last visit to the lake it seemed the GHT's leg had grown an extra bump, but it was just a squirrel! This guy slept peacefully for over an hour, sometimes turning over, waking to catch himself before falling. He was so tranquil, so blissful, so laid back....until another squirrel wanted to sleep there, too. A chase ensued, round and round, up and down, chattering and fussing and cussing in squirrel language. This guy won the round, and ended up sleeping here again just as before. Squirrels can be little nuisances, but they sure are entertaining. Isn't he just the cutest thing? What a great squirrel perch, with a Giraffe as a sentry!

11 comments:

Eve said...

This is SO cute!!
What is this botanical award??? Did I miss something???
Congrats!! I need to know more!!

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

What a great photo! I have never seen a squirrel relaxed. Ours think they are *very important* and must keep busy, you know.

Ah, what a nice reminder to relax - thanks!

Gaelyn said...

What a fun bit of entertainment. The squirrel does look comfy. Must be a nice place to sleep if there's competition. Nice capture.

wcgillian said...

Oh man this is a really wonderful photo Deb. The little fellow looks so comfortable and for that matter so does the tree!

Lythrum said...

Really nice capture! We don't see many squirrels around our place. I suspected our neighbors ate them, but it's probably because there aren't a whole lot of trees. ;) I like your blog, you got my vote. :)

Anonymous said...

What strange bed fellows these two make. I must say your giraffe head provides great camouflage for this little fella while he takes his afternoon siesta. Adorable!

P.S. I have you to thank for getting into DMB missy! The Dreaming Tree has lured me into his music and I am now hooked. More concert tickets. I'll be bankrupt and it's ALL your fault!

Unknown said...

LOL! Great catch! I have never seen a squirrel relaxing like that. It is probably because we have cats- so the squirrels never relax. I love that photo!

Anonymous said...

Great shot - I love the new and improved squirrel attachment.

Anonymous said...

I love it when the squirrels relax in this manner. It looks like the Giraffe is holding the Squirrel out to get your attention. Its amazing how fast they can run in circles. The entertainment can be dizzing to watch.

Mary said...

Your Giraffe Head Tree is so realistic looking...I've wondered about your name :-) The squirrel is a very cute addition...I love squirrels. Thanks for visiting my blog and in answer about the duckweed...yes, it covers most of the wetlands water at this time of year, but eventually will thin out.

Bo Mackison said...

I'll admit I am not much of a squirrel-fan, but I do love the way this squirrel is posed in your beloved tree. What a great story!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails