Hubby's being released sometime today. Why does it take so long to check someone out of the hospital? One friend suggests it's their abacus that causes the delay. Regardless, I'm more than ready for this little episode to be over. That said, it's time for a little rant - some bad, some good.
#1 RANT: Parking token machines. The bank doesn't make dollar bills crisp enough for the freakin' parking token machines. There ya are standing with a bag of clothes to take home and wash, your purse, books for reading - standing in line with a gazillion people similarly loaded down - and the stupid machine won't take your stupid money. You try dollar bill after dollar bill after dollar bill...then finally cuss loudly and stomp out the door, putting the $2 charge on your freakin' credit card....when THAT machine decided to take it. I wasn't the only one cussin,' believe you me.
2. People in HUGE pickup trucks and SUVs who park on the end rows making it nearly impossible to see what's coming up the ramp, around the corner.
3. People driving up the parking garage ramp going 2 miles an hour or less. Hell, I could'a walked from my HOUSE and gotten on the 3rd floor faster. Guess they were having trouble seein' around those huge honkin' pickup trucks and SUVs.
4. Parking in one county, walking a mile to the garage elevators only to go down to the ground level, walk to the next county to the public elevators then go up again. Crazy, crazy, crazy. One would think I'd'a lost some weight, but no.
5. The hardest chairs in the world to sit in for hours and hours and hours watching someone sleep.
But there was good stuff....
1. The bestest friends and an awesome family, including the teenager who went above and beyond to help me. Definitely showing some maturity, I must say.
2. The bestest ever hospital staff, ER staff and ambulance paramedics. Friendly, always there, took time to explain things, always always always answered the call within 5 minutes or less, amazing people.
2. Starbucks Coffee.
3. Firestone, who helped me for free when I had a car problem during this hospital gig.
I'm still waiting for the COME 'N GET ME call but wanted to post that our little hospital episode is over. FYI - hubby had pneumonia. Not fun, lemme tell ya. However, he's on the mend and is looking forward to sleeping in his own bed tonight!