Sunday, December 13, 2009

Virgin of Guadalupe Cajun Gumbo Christmas Party

Oh Come Let Us Adore.....Her?
Even Yogi, the Corgi, wanted his time with this sweet baby!

Last night hubby and I attended the 7th Annual Virgin of Guadalupe Cajun Gumbo Christmas Party hosted by our good friends, Mike and Cathy. This dinner party is the highlight of my holiday. This year we welcomed a new member into the fold - the lovely 7 month old Matilda Elizabeth, who goes by the less-wieldy moniker, Milla. Clearly, Milla stole the show.

Milla and I admire the beautiful Christmas tree.

Heading home in her stylin' owl hat
(all photos compliments of our host, Mike)

The evening was perfect and simple, warm and affectionate. There was a fire in the fireplace, pretty lights and candles everywhere, soft music playing, gentle laughter and murmuring conversations. The smell of gumbo simmering perfectly complemented the scent of evergreen. Glowing candles, glowing cheeks, glowing hearts. This is Christmas.

"Christmas is the season for kindling
the fire of hospitality in the hall,
the genial flame of charity in the heart."

Washington Irving

Last night was the inspiration I needed. Today, I shop for evergreen sprigs for the mantel, and maybe even some lights and candles. I'm missing music the most and vow to make some changes in that arena. Maybe that new Bose system, eh? LOL! Merry Christmas, ya'll!

2 comments:

Eve said...

Oh I like the sound of that BOSE...in more ways than one! Have fun Debi...it's the little touches that make it fun!

Bo Mackison said...

I love this. I love baby Milla (oh, how I love her name too)and this does seem to portray the spirit of Christmas that seems lost in the craze of perfect, all on one day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails